- 2019-12-10 On 10 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-12-10 On 10 December at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ambassador of Canada Kevin Rex
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
Vice-Minister N. Germanas stresses importance of multilateralism in addressing today's security challenges facing OSCE region
On 9 July, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas attended the OSCE Informal Ministerial Gathering in Slovakia's High Tatras. N. Germanas emphasized the need to ensure the effective activity of multilateral organizations, to clearly identify root causes of conflicts, and not to disregard violations of countries' international commitments in order to address today's grave security situation facing the OSCE region.
“Only by firmly defending our common values and principles can we avoid further aggressive actions, escalating violations or heightened tension. We also cannot ignore the fact that so many conflicts facing the OSCE region, eastern Ukraine, Transnistria, Georgia and Nagorno-Karabakh is the result of the same Russian geopolitical strategy that aims to retain the Kremlin's influence over its neighbors. To put an end to this, we must clearly identify the root causes of the conflicts,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister.
N. Germanas also drew his attention to threats posed by disinformation, aggressive propaganda, and limitations of press freedom. The Foreign Vice-Minister called for taking up a more active role in countering propaganda, particularly by promoting freedom of expression and strengthening international provisions for counteracting war propaganda. The OSCE ministerial decision on safety of journalists taken at the 2018 OSCE Ministerial Council was a major step forward.