- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 1 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-01-30 to 2020-01-31 On 30-31 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends meetings with representatives of the Swiss Business Federation and the Lithuanian Business Mission event in Zürich, Switzerland
- 2020-01-30 On 30 January, the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ambassador of Moldova
Minister L. Linkevičius meets with first Ambassador of Bahrain to Lithuania
On 14 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the first Ambassador of Bahrain to Lithuania, who resides in Paris, Muhammad Abdul Ghaffar. The meeting discussed bilateral cooperation and security in the Middle East.
The Foreign Minister noted that Lithuania and Bahrain had not yet tapped into the trade potential. L. Linkevičius expressed his hope that in the following years the countries would expand their bilateral relationship and strengthen their legal framework in order to open the door to a multitude of new cooperation opportunities for their own nationals in the fields of trade and business, science and tourism.
The Bahraini Ambassador also met with the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas to discuss possible economic cooperation. The Foreign Vice-Minister invited the representatives of Bahrain to participate in the Days of Arab Culture in December and in the international life sciences forum in the Baltics – International Life Sciences Baltics 2020.
Today, the Ambassador of Bahrain presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Gitanas Nausėda. Lithuania and Bahrain established their diplomatic relations on 3 July 1995.