- 2019-12-10 On 10 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-12-10 On 10 December at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ambassador of Canada Kevin Rex
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
Lithuania’s Foreign Ministry commemorates 450th anniversary of Union of Lublin
On 22 August, an exhibition of paintings showcasing Lithuanian and Polish artists was opened at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania on the occasion of the 450th anniversary of the Union of Lublin. The exhibition features about 40 works by artists who represent a wide variety of styles and genres. Lithuanian and Polish artists took up the challenge to interpret this historical fact.
“The signing of the Union of Lublin in the 17th century brought about positive historical changes in Europe as a whole. It was an event of great importance to both countries, which has strengthened and deepened their relationship in the fields of politics, security, and culture,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius.
According to the Undersecretary of State at the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs Marcin Przydacz, the Union of Lublin laid the foundation for the Lithuanian-Polish friendship that has lasted until this day.
The opening of the art exhibition was attended by foreign diplomats, who reside in Lithuania, members of various Lithuanian and Polish cultural organizations, and artists.
The art exhibition was co-organized by the Association of Polish Artists of the Lublin region, the Lublin City Council, members of the Lithuanian Artists Association, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania.
The two countries celebrated the 450th anniversary of the Commonwealth of the Two Nations on 1 July 2019. The Commonwealth was established by the Union of Lublin.