- 2019-12-10 On 10 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-12-10 On 10 December at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ambassador of Canada Kevin Rex
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
Lithuanian and Egyptian Foreign Ministers meet in Vilnius
On 16 October in Vilnius, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry. The meeting discussed bilateral political and economic cooperation, and the political and security situation in the Middle East and Africa. The Lithuanian side also presented an evaluation of processes in the EU's eastern neighborhood.
“We are delighted that bilateral cooperation has intensified in recent years. It is also important to strengthen the legal framework for our cooperation. We appreciate Egypt's active and constructive effort aimed at mediating and seeking political solutions in conflict-affected regions,” said the Minister L. Linkevičius.
During the visit, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on agricultural cooperation was signed. The MoU will provide for a more effective exchange of information and share of best practices in the areas of phytosanitary, agricultural technology and food production.
The meeting of the Joint Intergovernmental Committee on Economic, Technical and Scientific Cooperation of Lithuania and Egypt focused on cooperation in the fields of trade, industry, investment, energy, agriculture, information technology, life sciences, tourism, culture, and environment protection. Lithuanian representatives also presented the best waste management practices – a deposit system for disposable drinks packaging.
Egypt's Foreign Minister S. Shoukry visited Lithuania for the first time in 2017. Lithuania and Egypt established their diplomatic relations in 1992.