- 2020-02-18 to 2020-02-19 On 18-19 February in Brussels, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in meetings with Ambassadors of Lithuania, who reside in EU countries
- 2020-02-19 On 19 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Italy
- 2020-02-19 On 19 February at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2020-02-19 On 19 February at 1 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-02-19 On 19 February at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
Lithuania opens its fifth Honorary Consulate in Japan
On 24 May, Lithuania opened its fifth Honorary Consulate in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. Takeshi Okawara, Head of JC Comsa Corporation, was appointed as the Honorary Consul of Lithuania.
The Ambassador Gediminas Varvuolis presented him a consular patent and expressed gladness that the new Honorary Consul was a great friend of Lithuania and a well-respected entrepreneur in Japan, who actively developed business and cultural ties with Lithuania. Japan's Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs Akiba Takeo also sent a congratulations letter.
The Honorary Consulates of Lithuania also operate in Fukuyama, Sapporo, Osaka, and Gifu.