- 2020-01-27 On 27 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the ministerial meeting
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women considers Lithuania's sixth periodic report
On 31 October, the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women at its 74th session considered the sixth periodic report of Lithuania on the implementation of the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
The Lithuanian delegation was led by the Vice-Minister of Social Security and Labour Eitvydas Bingelis and included the Member of the Human Rights Committee of the Parliament of Lithuania Viktorija Čmilytė-Nielsen, representatives of the Ministries of Social Security and Labour, Foreign Affairs, Justice, Health and Interior, as well as representatives of the State Labour Inspectorate, National Agency of Education, and Criminal Police Bureau. Members of the delegation informed the Committee on the national laws, policies and practical measures Lithuania had taken to implement the provisions of the Convention. Based on the consideration, the Committee will adopt concluding observations.
Lithuania ratified the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women on 10 September 1995. The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women monitors the implementation of the Convention by its states parties. The Committee consists of 23 independent experts, including the Professor Dalia Leinartė from Lithuania.
Information about the 74th session of the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women may be found here.